Enjoy an exciting week of Belly Dancing workshops, performances and Hafla featuring Yasmin Henkesh, Elizabeth Muise and community dancers.
Belly Dancing Schedule:
• Belly Dance Core Training and Veiled Impressions - Laura Pothier (Mon, July 7 & Tue, July 8, 1:30 pm)
• American Tribal Style Belly Dancing - Dayl Workman (Tue, July 8, 2:45 pm & Fri, July 11, 11:15 am)
• Finger Cymbals A – Z - Yasmin Henkesh (Thu, July 9 at 1:30 pm)
• Beginner Veil – Elizabeth Muise (Thu, July 9 at 4:00 pm)
• The Zar – Egyptian Trance Dance - Yasmin Henkesh (Thu, July 9 at 10:00 pm)
• Hafla Stage Coordination Meeting – All Dancers (Fri, July 11, 1:30 pm)
• Sankofa HAFLA – All Dancers, Featuring Yasmin Henkesh, Elizabeth Muise of Boom, Boom, Shake (Fri, July 11)
• Belly Dance Shimmies - Yasmin Hankesh ($15) (Sat, July 12, 11:15 a.m.)
• Cane Dance – Yasmin Hankesh ($15/$20 for both classes) (Sat, July 12, 1:30 pm)
Singing, fire dancing, drumming, burlesque and many other workshops and performance are available throughout the week. Camping is included in the Sankofa festival entrance fee and there are nearby hotels and bed-n-breakfasts.
To find Brushwood
8881 Bailey Hill Rd. Sherman NY 14781
Our Phone number is: 716-761-6750
Brushwood is located 15 minutes west of the Chautauqua Institute, 30 minutes west of Jamestown, New York, and 30 minutes east of Erie Pennsylvania.