1. Arabic music is generally played in counts of ________?
2. When you are performing, which section of the audience should you play to?
3. Does Arabic music repeat phrases?
4. Which parts of a cabaret performance are you likely to use long steps to cover ground?
5. What is the cardinal rule for posture in Middle Eastern dance?
6. Are intro steps done mainly flat-footed or on your toes?
7. What is the most important thing to do when you do turns?
8. When choosing a piece of music what is one of the most important things to consider?
9. When moving on the stage during a performance, what is one of the worst things you can do?
10. Why are sit ups important to Middle Eastern dance?
11. What are the 5 different directions you can move on stage?
12. Where should your arms be during most of the Intro?
13. What is the ideal length of a piece of music for:
A. Intro __________
B. Drum solo __________
C. Beledi __________
D. Taxim __________
E. Finale __________
14. What are 2 ways to tell a good drummer?
15. What is the purpose of a Finale?
16. What is a unique step used in finales or to end any fast-paced piece of music?
17. List the 4 kinds of shimmies.
18. How many sections are there in a Beledi piece?
19. Name 2 steps that are most used in Beledi:
20. What 3 movements are most used in Taxims?
20. What is the dancer's objective during a Taxim?
21. In a Taxim a dramatic build calls for doing which movements last?
22. What is the most common mistake a dancer will do during a Taxim performance?
23. What should a dancer do during the pauses in a Taxim?
24. What are the principle musical instruments of a traditional Arabic band and what is this ensemble called?
25. What are the main percussion instruments?
26. In Arabic Stage make-up what is the most important part of the face to emphasize?
27. What is the Arabic word for Middle Eastern eyeliner?
28. In the time of the Pharaohs it used to be what color before it was black?
29. What material is used to help create cleavage in a Middle Eastern costume?
30. Where is it placed?
31. What is the best position for a dancer's legs?
32. When dancing on your toes, how high should you be?
33. Which part of the body is forgotten about the most when dancing but can be the ultimate sexy tool?
34. Why is an arched back not good for Middle Eastern dancing?
As a Middle Eastern Dancer - what are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?